As previously reported, the Indian High Commission in London, UK has recently launched a number of new services to provide streamlined visa services to Indian visa applicants in the United Kingdom beginning November 1.
These new services, which will be offered by its visa service provider VFS Global, include Group Tourism Visa, Visa at Your Doorstep, and Online Form Completion Services. Apart from these services the Embassy also announced to the opening of a new Visa Application Centre in Marylebone.
The VFS Global, which manages visa and passport issuance-related administrative and non-discretionary tasks for the Indian Embassy in the United Kingdom, has now published a detailed guide on how to obtain the Group Tourism Visa and use the Visa at Your Doorstep (VAYD) Services.
Group Tourism Visa for India
According to the Indian Embassy, this is to help those who travel in groups to the same destination and on the same flights. The following are the minimum requirements for Group Tourism visa applications.
- There must be a minimum of five applicants travelling together.
- The tour operator should have a designated representative in India who shall furnish the list of members of the group to the Immigration authorities (the concerned FRRO) before the arrival of the group in India.
- All members of the group shall enter and exit India together.
Documents to be provided by the tour operator in support of Group Tourism visa applications
- Covering letter on company letterhead detailing the group request
- Copy of the UK-based tour operator company’s certificate of incorporation
- Copy of certificate of incorporation of the India-based company whose authorised representative will submit a list of group members and itinerary to the FRRO
- A complete list of group members containing the following information:
- Full name
- Address and contact details
- Date & place of birth
- Passport number
- Itinerary of the group (places to be visited)
- Undertaking by the tour operator to conduct the travel of the group as per the itinerary
- Complete documents as listed above should be sent by the concerned tour operator to the VFS on the email ID: [email protected]
- VFS will initiate the request to The High Commission of India, London or the concerned Consulate for further verification and preliminary approval.
- Once the preliminary approval is received by the HCI, London or the concerned Consulate, VFS will revert to the concerned tour operator with an appointment slot.
It may be noted that HCI, London or the concerned Consulate reserve the right to ask for additional information or make any decision in regard to the individual applicants at any stage of the process.
Visa At Your Doorstep (VAYD) Services
VFS Global, the Indian Embassy’s official partner, will also launch a new fee-based service called “Visa at your doorstep,” in which your documents will be collected from the doorsteps of your residence and returned to you after processing.
According to the official website of VFS Global, Indian visa applicants in the UK can now choose to complete the visa application process end-to-end from the comfort of their home or office, in lieu of an additional service charge.
This is only an optional service, and applicants can apply for normal service also.
This service offers a trained VFS staff to visit you at your home or office address. There are no extra charges for any assistance with form filling, biometrics, or collecting your documents for processing.
VFS Global Visa At Your Doorstep Fees
|Service Price (Per Applicant)||Amount in GBP (Inc. VAT)|
|Digital Document Check (DDC) New||£15.00|
|Form Filling New|
|– Form Filling for Misc Consular Service||£ 5.00|
|– Form Filling for Passport Service||£10.00|
|– Form Filling for OCI Service||£15.00|
|– Form Filling for Visa Service||£15.00|
|Photocopy||£ 0. 50|
|SMS||£ 2. 00|
|Visa At Your Doorstep (VAYD) New|
|Visa At Your Doorstep (VAYD)* within 25 miles of the nearest application centre||£180.00|
|Visa At Your Doorstep (VAYD)* beyond 25 miles of the nearest application centre||£180.00 + 45p per mile|
For VAYD there would be a 10% discount for a group of five or more applicants and a 20% discount for a group of ten or more.
To avail of this service, please write to us at: [email protected]
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!