The Indian Embassy in Bahrain on Friday announced that both government have agreed to operationalization of Air bubble arrangement between India and Bahrain.
As per the arrangement, both Indian and Bahraini national carriers will be permitted to operate a specified number of flights between India and Bahrain.
This will allow people to fly from India even with a visit. The agreement will also allow the stranded expats in India to return to the kingdom of Bahrain.
Under a bilateral air bubble agreement, airlines of both countries can operate special international passenger flights with certain restrictions. Both Indian and Bahraini national carriers will be permitted to operate a specified number of flights between the two nations, the embassy said in a statement.
As per the agreement following categories of persons will be allowed on such flights:
From India to Bahrain
- Bahraini nationals/residents.
- Any Indian national holding any type of Valid Bahraini Visa and destined for Bahrain only. It would be for the airlines concerned to ensure that there is no travel restriction for Indian nationals to enter Bahrain with the particular visa category before the issue of ticket/ boarding pass to the Indian passenger.
From Bahrain to India:
- Indian nationals stranded in Bahrain.
- All Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders holding Bahraini passports, and
- Bahraini nationals holding valid visas issued by an Indian Mission in any category covered under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) guidelines dated 30.06.2020.
The designated airlines of both sides will be permitted to sell tickets between India and Bahrain in each direction through their websites, sales agents, and Global Distribution Systems.
All are requested to check with Air India/Air India Express/Gulf Air for the booking of their tickets.
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!
Also Read: Vande Bharat Mission Phase 6: Air India Express Flights Schedule For Bahrain