The Govt of India on Thursday issued guidelines for relaxation in Tourists Visa, this comes as the govt will start issuing fresh visas for foreign tourists starting from today, 15th Oct 2021.
It must be noted that the Government has now decided to make a graded relaxation in visa and travel restrictions for more categories of foreign nationals and Indian nationals who wish to enter or leave India.
Therefore, it has been decided to permit all OCI and PIO cardholders and all other foreign nationals intending to visit India for any purpose, except on a Tourist Visa to enter by air or water routes through authorized airports and seaport immigration check posts.
Guidelines For Relaxation In Tourist Visa
In view of the improved COVID-19 situation in India, the Government of India has decided to resume the issuance of Tourist Visas to foreign nationals from 15th October 2021 to group tourists and from 15th November 2021 to all tourists traveling to India through Vande Bharat Mission, Air Bubble Scheme or by any scheduled/non-scheduled commercial flights.
- The Government of India has also decided to issue the first 500,000 Tourist Visas on a gratis basis only once per tourist.
- All such foreign nationals desirous of traveling to India would be required to obtain a fresh e-Tourist/Regular Tourist Visa from BOI or Embassy/Consulate.
- These e-Tourist/Regular Tourist Visas would be valid for 120 days from the date issue of visas. Visas will remain valid for single entry for up to 30 days stay from the date of entry.
- However, existing valid e-Tourist Visas/ Regular Visas issued prior to 06th October 2021 will remain suspended.
- Travel of all such foreign nationals will be subject to protocols and norms relating to COVID-19 as notified by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Foreign nationals intending to visit India for tourism purposes are encouraged to apply for Tourist Visas as per the above guidelines.