Restriction from India effective 26 April 2021 to Germany and onwards. Only German nationals and holders of a German resident permit are allowed to enter Germany and Transit via Germany to any Schengen destination.
Transit to any Non-Schengen destination is permitted for all nationalities. Holders of German short and long term visas are not allowed to enter Germany . Student holding valid and resident permit are allowed to entry of Germany
- Air France
- Air India
- Qatar Airways
Eligible Travelers To Germany
- All EU & EEA Nationals and Residents permits only
- D- Category visa joining their immediate family members
- Student holding valid visa and resident permit (not first time entry)
Eligible Travelers To India
- Indian Nationals and OCI Cardholders holders issued by any country in the EU/Schengen area, South America or Africa
- All Foreign Nationals on work permit
and Business visitors
Protocols For Travelling To Germany
- DEA – Mandatory to pre-register click here
- On Arrival –Comply by health and sanitization measures as per destination country
- Use of non-medical mask or face covering
- Self declaration form to be filled at Airport at Exit
- The negative Covid-19 test result at time of departure, which may be required for entry, must be done no more than 24 hours (antigen)* or – new – no more than 72 hours (PCR, RT-LAMP or TMA) before the time of entry into Germany (time of swab) with seal/sign with QR code.
Protocols For Travelling To India
- Mandatory registration with the Indian mission(s) in Germany, Even if the journey originates outside of Germany
- RT-PCR Test mandatory 72 hr prior to departure
- submit self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal and upload a negative COVID19 RT-PCR report.
- Exemption form required only in case of exigency due to the death in the family, to be applied online at least 72 hours prior boarding
- At Maharashtra Mandatory 7days IQ followed by 7days HQ
- Registration Mandatory for OCI card Holder with Indian embassy
- Germany – 10 Days Quarantine Mandatory
- India – 14 Days HQ “Mandatory RT-PCR negative certificate” “7 Days paid IQ at Maharashtra Mandatory” (State wise rules differs)
Relevant Forms And Registration Links
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!
Also Read: Canada Air Travel Guidelines | Bangladesh Air Travel Guidelines