Effective from midnight tonight 23rd/24th August – All Dubai residents holding Dubai issued residency visas will require a GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs) approval and a negative Covid-19 test result to return.
Residents are permitted to return via any UAE airport and residents without approvals will not be accepted for travel. Approvals can be obtain via below link:
Documents To Carry
For Residents Returning To Dubai
- A valid approval from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA)
- A Valid Negative Covid-19 PCR test report from a government-authorized laboratory
- Download Covid-19 – DXB Smart App
- Health Declaration and Quarantine Undertaking forms to be filled and submitted at the Dubai Airport on arrival
- Passengers will not be permitted to travel if the ICA or GDRFA approval has expired
For Residents Returning To Abu Dhabi & Sharjah
All documents for residents returning to Abu Dhabi will be the same as for Dubai. However, residents returning to Abu Dhabi must get approval from ICA. Those returning to Sharjah must have valid approval from ICA or GDRFA.