Emirates, the flagship carrier of UAE introduce a service called ‘Dubai Connect’ for passengers transiting through Dubai Airport who have to wait longer to catch their flights for their forward journey. The ‘Dubai Connect’ service offers complimentary hotel accommodation, transfers and a visa to enter the UAE.
It must be noted that the service is available to passengers with a connecting stopover time of 10 to 24 hours. It applies to all cabin classes i.e. First, Business, and Economy Class.
The Dubai Connect service has to be booked at least 24 hours ahead of the incoming flight to Dubai.
Emirates will provide you with a complimentary hotel stay so you can enjoy some downtime before your next flight.
You may need to show a credit card at check‑in just to secure any extras like mini‑bar snacks, spa treatments, or dining expenses that aren’t included in the Dubai Connect service.
Visas And Transfers
The Dubai Connect booking includes a complimentary visa on arrival, subject to UAE Immigration approval.
When you arrive, a complimentary coach will take you to and from your hotel. Our team at the Dubai Connect desk in Arrivals will help you with the transfers.
Does my stopover qualify for Dubai Connect services?
- To book a Dubai Connect service, the connecting flight on your itinerary must be the best available connection. This means that the stopover time in Dubai between your two flights must be the shortest one available.
- If your connecting flight departs after another, earlier connecting flight to your destination, then unfortunately your booking won’t qualify for Dubai Connect.
- Dubai Connect Services are available to passengers with a connecting stopover time of 10 to 24 hours. This applies to all cabin classes (First Class, Business, and Economy). Further conditions may apply*.
Important Flight And Travel Updates
If you are using Dubai Connect, please make sure you still have all the entry and regulatory documents your destination requires (such as valid negative COVID‑19 tests) with you at all stages of your journey.
If you are travelling from one of the restricted countries (Bangladesh, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia) and have a Dubai Connect Package booked, you must comply with the requirements of your final destination and follow UAE entry and regulatory requirements.
If you are travelling from one of the restricted countries, you will be required to leave the airport if your transit time is more than 10 hours.
You have the following options available if you are required to stay outside of the airport during your transit period:
- If you qualify for a Dubai Connect package, you can book the service at least 24 hours before departure.
- If you do not qualify for Dubai Connect, you can stay at a hotel or with family and friends at your own expense if you are eligible for visa on arrival or have a pre‑approved visa to enter Dubai.
- If you are unable to provide evidence of the means to leave the airport for a transit over 10 hours, you will be denied boarding at the point of origin.
Any changes to our services at this time are always made with your comfort and safety as our first priority.
How To Book Dubai Connect Online?
It’s easy to add the Dubai Connect service to your online flight booking. During the booking process, we’ll tell you if you’re eligible.
- Book your flights, then use your surname and reference number to log in.
- Go to our Manage section and choose Dubai Connect.
- Add the service at least 24 hours ahead of your flight to Dubai.
You can book our complimentary Dubai Connect service as long as there are no better connection times to choose from for your itinerary.
Young flyers under 18 years can use our Dubai Connect service as long as they are travelling with another passenger who is over 18.
Check out the Dubai Connect terms and conditions.