The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) and Dubai Tourism have entered into a partnership agreement to offer Special Dubai Visas.
The Dubai Media Office has tweeted that GDRFA Dubai and Dubai Tourism sign a strategic partnership agreement to enhance cooperation and promote online services and platforms designed to facilitate processes for the issuance of residency permits for various investor programmes and special visas.
The agreement was signed by His Excellency, Major General Mohammed Ahmed Al Marri, Director General, GDRFA -Dubai, and His Excellency, Helal Saeed Almarri, Director General, Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism). The signing ceremony was held at the head office of GDRFA-Dubai on 12 January and was attended by officials from both government bodies.
H.E. Major General Mohammed Ahmed Al Marri, Director General, GDRFA – Dubai, said “We are committed to strengthen and consolidate cooperation between various government and private sectors in the UAE in general and Dubai in particular, as well as exchange experiences in order to facilitate procedures for residency permits for different categories of people. This agreement further enhances the existing strategic relations between GDRFA – Dubai and Dubai Tourism and our efforts to support Dubai’s role regionally and internationally and enhance its image as the preferred tourism and global investment destination. It is noteworthy that during the challenging times, Dubai was able to preserve its global reputation and stand with strength and confidence in effectively dealing with the impact of the pandemic.”Advertisement
What’s in The Agreement
The Dubai Media Office said in a release, “The agreement will enhance cooperation and communication between the two entities and pave the way for the exchange of expertise, experiences, studies, creative and innovative ideas and field visits…”
- The partnership will facilitate residency permits for investors, entrepreneurs, and retirees. It also includes processes such as application evaluation procedures.
- The deal will improve collaboration and communication between the two companies, paving the way for the exchange of expertise, experiences, studies, creative and innovative ideas and field visits that will help Dubai’s development and help better serve residents and visitors.
- DDRFA-Dubai and Dubai Tourism will also work together to organize training programs and develop new proposals, as well as coordinate related initiatives and attend events and conferences inside and outside the UAE.
- They will work closely to promote the programs covered by the agreement and provide the information and services necessary for the issuance of residence permits and visas.
- They will also conduct joint activities, including marketing programs, and share expertise and best practices.
- Cruise ships and yachts are also covered by the agreement. This makes it easier for crews and passengers to enter and leave the country.
“GDRFA-Dubai and Dubai Tourism will have additional discussions to better understand the needs of cruise ship and yacht owners,” a Dubai Tourism Press release said.
Visas under this agreement include the ‘Distinguished Guests’ and ‘Virtual Work programs‘, ‘Golden Visas’ for Investors and a Retirement Visa for Retirees.
HE. Maj. Gen. Mohammed Ahmed Al Marri reiterated that this collaboration is in the context of reaching government directives aimed at strengthening Dubai’s position on the global investment map and making it the best place to visit, live and work.
He also praised Dubai Tourism’s efforts and support to improve the emirate’s position globally and promote the city to attract tourists and investors.