A Piece of Good News for Those Planning to Travel to Dubai: With immediate effect, Dubai has lifted the necessity of a Rapid PCR test at the airport conducted within 6 hours prior to departure to the Emirate in the UAE for travelers from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
However, they are still required to undergo a Rapid PCR test conducted within 48 hours of departure and show a negative test result to board a flight to Dubai.
Till now all passengers to Dubai from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka are required to undergo three Covid-19 tests;
- An RT-PCR negative test report (with a valid QR code), with the sample collected within 48 hours.
- A Rapid-PCR conducted at the airport within 6 hours prior to departure to Dubai and
- A free on-arrival RT-PCR at Dubai Airport.
This means, now they have to undergo only two Covid-19 tests and the best part is the requirement of the most expensive ‘Rapid PCR’ test has gone now.
It must be noted that as a pilot the same rule was implemented for all passengers traveling on Emirates, flyDubai, Air India, and IndiGo via direct flight from Kolkata to Dubai.
New Travel Rules For To Dubai
As per a trade circular issued by Emirates airlines, below are the revised travel protocol for passenger’s from India to Dubai.
Traveling From India, Effective 22nd Feb 2022 08:00 Hrs. UAE LT
|Test Requirement||72 Hours PCR||48 Hours PCR||05 Hours PCR||PCR On Arrival||Final Destination|
|Destination DXB||Not Required||Required||Not Required||Required||Not Required|
|Transiting DXB||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required||Required|
For passengers having final destination Dubai:
- Must present a valid negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate with a QR code for a test conducted at an approved facility within 48 hours of departure. Validity must be calculated from the time the sample was collected.
- Must undergo COVID 19 PCR test on arrival and must remain in self quarantine until they receive the test result.
For passengers transiting via Dubai:
- All transiting passengers are not required to present a COVID 19 PCR test certificate unless it is mandated by their final destination.
PCR Test Exemptions:
The following categories of passengers are exempted from PCR Test requirements:
- UAE nationals are exempt from taking a COVID-19 PCR test before departing for Dubai. They must be tested on arrival in Dubai, irrespective if they are holding a valid negative COVID-19 RT-PCR certificate from the point of origin.
- This is also applicable for passengers accompanying a 1st degree UAE nationals’ relative or domestic worker escorting a UAE national sponsor during travel.
- Children under the age of 12 and passengers who have a moderate or severe disability are exempt from taking a COVID-19 RT-PCR test.
Travelers to Dubai will no longer require a rapid PCR test prior to boarding the flight from India starting February 22, 2022, at 8 a.m. Dubai Time (9:30 a.m. India Time).
Only a negative RT-PCR test report within 48 hours of departure and a free on-arrival RT-PCR test at Dubai Airport will be required.
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!