Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management announced a new set of restrictions against COVID-19.
As per the new restrictions, all the pubs and bars and other public venues will be closed from February 2 to 8.
The Dubai Media Office states – “A marked increase in the number of violations of precautionary measures had been noticed, thus causing the decision to implement tighter rules to protect the health of the citizens, residents and visitors. If you’re planning on heading to Dubai, be prepared to get a Covid test before you fly in. Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management has issued restrictions that will be in place from February 2 to 28.”
Here Are The Covid-19 Restrictions In Dubai
- 50% reduction in the capacity of indoor seated venues including cinemas, entertainment & sports venues.
- Malls to operate at 70% capacity.
- Hotels to operate at 70% capacity; new bookings should comply.
- Capacity of swimming pools & private beaches in hotels to be limited to 70%.
- Restaurants and cafes required to close by 1.00 AM
- Tougher penalties for deliberately disregarding preventive measures
- Public encouraged to report violations by individuals or entities through Dubai Police’s Call Centre 901 or Police Eye service through Dubai Police App
The Committee also encouraged members of the community to report any violations of precautionary measures by individuals or establishments through its “Police Eye” service in the Dubai Police Smart App or via Dubai Police’s Call Centre 901.