Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport has become India’s first airport that starts the COVID testing facility for arriving international fliers.
Delhi Airport has started the COVID-19 testing facility from Saturday where international arriving passengers can avail RT-PCR tests and a waiting lounge by paying ₹5000.
“With concerns over COVID-19 continuing, Delhi Airport has taken a major step forward by setting up an on-site coronavirus testing center & lounge as per the directions of MOCA,” DIAL said in a press release.
- The facility will be operation from 11th Sept onwards for international arriving passengers with a domestic connection in Phase 1. This facility will be operation 24*7.
- This service and facility is being provided in collaboration with Premium Plaza Lounge and Genestrings Diagnostic Centre, a Delhi-based laboratory, which is currently associated with the Delhi government to test COVID-19 samples
- The cost of the package ranges up to INR 5000 only. Passenger can’t book only lab slots in this case.
- Passengers can book the slot online and proceed to the ‘COVID Test Center and Lounge’ on arrival. After the test, passengers can relax at the lounge while awaiting the results and enjoy the lounge service. Alternately, the passenger can also avail of the service on arrival.
- The test results will be available within 4-6 hours. All Passengers with negative reports proceed to the state desk at the lounge for clearance of their onward journey. The state officials will stamp the hands of the passengers with COVID negative certificates and let them proceed for their onward journey.
- Importantly, the passengers are suggested to book the slot 1 hour after the time of arrival and a minimum of 4-6 hours before the departure flight (the post sample collection) or book domestic flight after test results are available.
- Online booking can be availed for a group booking as well. The facility is available at Rs 5000 per passenger (inclusive of test and lounge).
- To support the Test Center and Lounge a COVID lab has been built in 3500 square meter area at multi-level car parking (MLCP) of Terminal 3, this is the first COVID-19 testing lab among Indian airports.
International passengers with connecting flights can avail of testing facilities at airports before travelling ahead to their final destination.
As per government mandate, international passengers who are transiting via Delhi can take domestic flights only with RTPCR COVID negative certificate. To facilitate transit passengers with domestic connection, Delhi Airport now has introduced an all-new COVID Test Center and Lounge.
The test results will be available for passengers within 4-6 hours. Hence, we urge passengers to book domestic connections with at least 8-10 hours of the gap from arrival.
Until the results are confirmed, passengers can wait in the lounge, which is part of the overall package being offered.
In case of a positive result, the passenger will be processed in line with applicable ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) protocols by the State authorities. This will help the authorities concerned to avoid passengers affected with the disease from coming in close contact with those already having RT-PCR negative reports.
Those testing negative can continue their onward journey.