The Vande Bharat mission is now in its fourth phase, while domestic flights reach 45 percent capacity. In the meantime, many people have traveled again and many are planning to do so in the coming days.
In such a scenario, there is a lot of confusion about the quarantine rules, especially for those arriving and departing from IGI International Airport in Delhi.
If you want to travel without any problems, be updated with the quarantine rules applicable in Delhi.
Delhi Airport Quarantine Rules For Domestic And International Arrivals
For Domestic Arrival
- If you took a domestic flight from another state and arrived at Delhi Airport, you can leave the airport but, must remain in quarantine for seven days.
- If you arrive at Delhi Airport with additional flight connections, there is no quarantine rule. However, you must follow the destination country’s quarantine rules.
- If you are arriving on a domestic flight and would like to take a Vande Bharat flight outside the country or another international flight and do not leave the airport after your arrival, there are no quarantine rules in Delhi. However, the target quarantine rule applies.
- When you arrive at Delhi airport and leave the airport to travel to your destination according to the state protocol, you must remain in quarantine for seven days.
For International Arrival
- If you arrive at Delhi Airport on a Vande Bharat flight and do not have a connecting flight, you must undergo quarantine for seven days after leaving the airport. After that, you must remain in quarantine for another seven days.
- If you are now traveling on the Vande Bharat flight and would like to travel further by road to your destination country, both the institutional and home quarantine rules apply as you leave the airport technically.
- Individuals who take international flights other than Vande Baharat and have an additional flight connection must comply with the quarantine standards of the destination country. Other than that, they must be under institutional quarantine for seven days.
- If you arrive and exit at Delhi Airport from another country on an international flight that is not part of the Vande Bharat Mission, both the institutional quarantine for seven days and the home quarantine for another seven days apply.