Indians can now finally be allowed to apply for a China visa, as the Chinese Embassy in India updated the Chinese visa policy, starting from June 13, lifting the ban which was imposed in November 2020.
It is worth mentioning that in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, India suspended tourist visas issued to Chinese citizens in November 2020, preventing Chinese people and other nationalities living in China from travelling to India.
According to a Chinese Embassy announcement, Indians can now apply for a Chinese visa. However, visa applications for tourism and other private purposes are still not acceptable.
China Visa applicants must now adhere to the following updated visa policy:
Updated China Visa Policy
1. Who can apply for China Visa?
(1) Foreign nationals and their accompanying family members go to China for resumption of work and production in all fields.
(2) The family members of Chinese citizens and foreigners with Chinese permanent residence permits travel to China for a family reunion or visiting relatives.
“Family members” refers to spouse, parents, spouse’s parents, children, spouses of children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren.
Note 1: Visa applications are temporarily suspended for tourism and other private purposes.
Note 2: Visa applications continue to be processed for foreign nationals and their accompanying family members who will engage in diplomatic, official activities in China or meet the conditions of the courtesy visa, foreign crew members, and foreign nationals going to China for humanitarian reasons, such as attending a funeral or visiting family members with the critical disease.
2. Application Procedure
(1) Please visit the website of the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in New Delhi and fill in your detailed and true information on the online application form and the confirmation page. Then make an appointment with your application form number following the system instructions. And bring all the required documents to the Visa Center in New Delhi or the Chinese Embassy in India at your appointment time.
(2) The Chinese Visa Application Service Center in New Delhi only accepts visa applications from Indian citizens holding ordinary passports or citizens of a third country holding Indian long-term residence or work permits who reside in the consular district of the Chinese Embassy in India.
Information about the Visa Center in New Delhi :
- Address: Concourse Floor, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Connaught Place, New Delhi -110001 India.
- Telephone: 91-9999036735
- E-mail: [email protected]
3. Documents Required For China Visa
(1) Please prepare the following Documents:
- Visa Application Form of the People’s Republic of China.
- Confirmation Page of Online Visa Application.
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months, with 2 or more blank visa pages, and the photocopy of relevant pages of the passport.
- Expired passports within 5 years and the photocopy of relevant pages of the passports.
- Recently-taken colour passport photos (full face, front view and bare head. Size: 48mm×33mm).
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- Other necessary materials are required by the Chinese Embassy in India and the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in New Delhi.
(2) Foreign nationals going to China for employment shall refer to the Chinese Embassy’s website for the Notice on Instructions for Chinese Visa Application issued on July 15, 2013.
(3) Foreign nationals going to China for resumption of work and production should also provide an Invitation letter issued by the central and state organs, central enterprises, foreign affairs and commercial departments of provincial governments, and foreign affairs departments of municipal governments.
(4) The accompanying family members of foreign nationals going to China for resumption of work and production or employment shall refer to the Chinese Embassy’s website for the Notice on Instructions for Chinese Visa Application issued on July 15, 2013.
(5) The family members of Chinese citizens or foreigners with Chinese permanent residence permits going to China for a family reunion or visiting relatives shall refer to the Chinese Embassy’s website for the Notice on Instructions for Chinese Visa Application issued on July 15, 2013.
4. China Visa Processing Time
Please contact the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in New Delhi for details of the processing time. The applicant can apply for Express Service or Green Channel Service on urgent grounds. The time for supplementing materials, verifying the applicant’s individual circumstances, force majeure and other reasons will not be included in processing time.