Last month, we published a comprehensive guide on free visas on arrival for Qatar. After the article went viral on the internet, our inbox was flooded with questions about the Qatar Visa, the majority of which was about “How to check Qatar Visa status?” or “How to check Qatar Visa validity?” so we decided to cover all of your questions in this quick guide;
A valid visa document is required for all foreign people travelling to Qatar. The Ministry of Interior of Qatar issues several types of visas i.e. TR or Transit Visa, Business Visa, Employment Visa, Student Visa, and Tourist Visa each with a different validity duration.
This guide will teach you everything that you need to know about the validity periods of various Qatari visas, as well as how to check and extend the validity period of Qatari visas.
- How to check the validity of Qatar Visa online
- Check Qatar Visa through the Ministry of Interior (MOI) website
- Check Qatar Visa through the QVC website
- Validity period of different Qatar Visas
- How to extend Qatar Visa validity?
- Qatar Visa Extension Fee
How to check the validity of a Qatar Visa online?
There are currently two ways to check the validity of your Qatar visa online. You can check the status of your Qatar visa application online by visiting the websites of the Ministry of Interior (MOI) or the Qatar Visa Centre (QVC). You will need your passport number and/or visa number in both cases.
Check Qatar Visa through the Ministry of Interior (MOI) website
The option of tracking the status and validity of your Qatar Visa on the Ministry of Interior (MOI) website is available for all types of visa holders, one can track the status of your visa application or verify the status of your Qatar e-visa by entering your visa number or passport number.
So, to check the status of your Qatar visa application through the Ministry of Interior (MOI), keep your visa number or passport number handy and follow the simple steps listed below.
Step 1: Visits the official website of the Ministry of Interior – Qatar
Step 3: Click on the ‘Visa Services‘ option from the left-hand bar, you will find the below options over there.
Step 4: You have to select the ‘Visa Inquiry & Printing’ option and you can choose to check using your visa number or passport number after that select your nationality and input the verification code.
Step 5: Once you click the submit button you will be able to check the status of your Qatar Visa. In case you want a hard copy of the visa status, click on the ‘Print’ button and get the hard copy of the same.
In any case, if your Qatar Visa is found invalid, you should look into the following:
- Ensure that your visa has been issued
- You also need to make sure that your visa is authentic
- Check to see whether you fake a visa.
- Make sure that your Qatar visa was properly completed by your travel provider (travel agent/company).
Check Qatar Visa the through QVC website
Visa applicants from Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, and the Philippines can also check the status of their Qatar visa application on the Qatar Visa Centre (QVC) website.
Please keep in mind that this service is only available to applicants from the aforementioned countries; applicants from the rest of the world have only one option to check their Qatar visa status, which is through the Ministry of Interior’s
To begin the Qatar visa application tracking process through QVC, simply follow the simple steps outlined below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Qatar Visa Center (QVC).
Step 2: When you visit the website, you must select your preferred language as well as your country of origin (in some cases the website will automatically pick the same through your browser location)
Step 3: Visit the “Track Application” page from the home page.
Step 4: Fill in all the mandatory details including Passport Number, Visa Number and Captcha Code.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Submit’ button to check the status of your Qatar visa application.
Validity period of different Qatar Visas
For people seeking to enter the nation, Qatar provides a variety of visa options, including tourist visas, business visas, work visas, family visit visas, GCC resident visas, transit visas, and more.
All these visas are valid for different periods of time;
1. Qatar Tourist Visa: The Qatar Tourist visa is valid for three months and allows for a stay of up to 30 days in a single trip.
2. Qatar 72-Hour Business Visa: Qatar’s 72-hour business visa is provided upon arrival and can be extended for another 72 hours. The visa is intended for visitors to the country for short-term business visits.
3. Qatar Business Visa: This visa is offered to new expatriates as well as those performing short-term contractual work in Qatar. The visa is valid for a maximum of three months and must be pre-arranged by an authorized company or institution in Qatar.
4. Qatar Work Visa: Qatar work visas are obtained through the company and are valid for one to three months. This is mainly relevant to employees who intend to work for a Qatari employer for an extended period of time.
5. Qatar Family Visit Visa: The Qatar family visit visa has a one-month validity period. However, the validity period can be extended for up to six months for close family members (wife, children, parents) and three months for other relatives.
6. Qatar GCC Resident Visa: The GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) Residents Visa to Qatar is valid for one month and it is a single entry visa. However, it can be extended for an extra three months.
7. Qatar Transit Visa: The Qatar Transit visa has a 96-hour entrance validity in Qatar, and entry into Qatar with an approved transit visa must be completed within 30 days of issuance.
|S. No.||Visa Type||Validity|
|1.||Tourist Visa||30 Days|
|2.||72-Hour Business Visa||72 Hours|
|3.||Business Visa||03 Months|
|4.||Work Visa||01-03 Months|
|5.||Family Visit Visa||01 Month|
|6.||GCC Resident Visa||01 Month|
|7.||Transit Visa||96 Hours|
Apart from the visas stated above, Qatar also provides electronic visas, or e-visas, for visitors to the Gulf state. An e-visa for tourism purposes has a maximum validity period of 30 days.
How to extend Qatar Visa validity?
Passengers with valid Qatar visas for tourism, business, or other purposes can extend their visas online via the Ministry of Interior’s (MOI) website. Alternatively, embassies and authorized officials can also issue the extension on the traveller’s behalf.
Please follow the steps below to extend the validity of your Qatar visit visa online:
Step 1: Log in with your smartcard to the e-services portal of MOI.
Step 2: Click on the “Visa Services” option and then select “Extend Visa”
Step 3: Enter the ‘Visa Number’ or ‘Passport Number’ and then select the nationality from the drop-down list (You can find the visa number on the sticker in your passport.)
Step 4: Enter the correct captcha code from the picture or audio and click the “Extend” button.
Step 5: In the next step you will be asked to select the required extension period for your Qatar Visa.
Step 6: Pay the applicable fees and your Visa will be extended.
Qatar Visa Extension Fee
To extend your Qatar Visa, you must pay a renewal fee of QAR 200 (Approx. $55 or ₹4200) for each additional month.