Cathay Pacific, the flag carrier of Hong Kong on Thursday announced the resumption of scheduled non-stop service from Mumbai and Delhi effective from May 04 and May 06, respectively.
Cathay Pacific Flights Between India And Hong Kong
As per the details shared by the airline, it will operate as many as 11 flights between India and Hong Kong;
- Mumbai to Hong Kong | 04, 18, 31 May 2022
- Hong Kong to Mumbai | 10, 21 June 2022
- Delhi to Hong Kong | 06, 15, 29 May 2022
- Hong Kong to Delhi | 08, 17, 28 June 2022
The detailed schedule of these flights will be as follow;
|Flight No||Route||Dep. Time||Arr. Time|
|CX2663||Hong Kong – Mumbai||08:10||11:35|
|CX2660||Mumbai – Hong Kong||13:25||21:50|
|CX2679||Hong Kong – Delhi||08:10||11:55|
|CX2694||Delhi – Hong Kong||13:15||21:25|
Considering the huge cargo and passenger demand, Cathey will deploy its Boeing B777-300 on India routes. The B777-300 has a total capacity of 368 passengers which includes 40 Business Class (flat-bed), 32 Premium Economy and 296 Economy class seats.
It may be noted that the last week the Hong Kong govt imposed a ban on Air India flights until April 24, 2022, after three passengers on one of its flights tested positive for Covid-19 after arriving on Saturday.
Mandatory On-Arrival Covid-19 Testing
- All passengers arriving in Hong Kong will be required to undergo a medical test for COVID-19 prior to clearing immigration and baggage collection
- The test, which involves providing a combined nasal and throat swab sample, will be conducted by medical professionals at the Department of Health Temporary Specimen Collection Centre at the Terminal 1 Midfield Concourse. Passengers will receive directions and assistance after disembarking the aircraft. All passengers will be required to wait for their test results. Visit Arrival in Hong KongOpen a new window for more information
Connectivity to Foreign Destinations
Cathey also provides connectivity to other foreign destinations from its hub; for example, travellers from Mumbai can connect to San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, and Sydney. While travellers from Delhi will have access to more destinations such as San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Vancouver, Toronto, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Details of available destinations and days of operation can be found in the table below;
|From MUMBAI||04 May||18 May||31 May||10 Jun||21 Jun|
|From DELHI||06 May||15 May||29 May||08 Jun||17 Jun||28 Jun|
General Transit requirements
Passengers will be able to transit through Hong Kong if:
- Their itinerary is contained in a single booking;
- They meet the entry requirements of their final destination;
- They have their baggage checked through to the final destination;
- They have been issued their onward boarding pass(es) from their origin; and
- The connection time between flights is within 24 hours.
All Details and Guidelines: Hong Kong Travel Restrictions – COVID-19 Updates