As per the revised official travel advisory, Canada will not accept the COVID-19 molecular test report from India. Therefore, the travelers have to get themselves tested for the coronavirus in a ‘third country’ before they continue their journey to Canada.
It must be noted that in view of the deadly coronavirus pandemic Canada has extended the flight suspension from India till 21st July.
However, passengers from India who wish to travel to Canada in the said period may book a flight via an ‘indirect route.’
As per the advisory, passengers who have previously tested positive for the COVID-19 virus and are traveling from India to Canada have to now provide proof of a coronavirus test conducted between 14 to 90 days prior to their departure.
“This proof must be obtained in a third country before Indian travelers continue their journey to Canada. You might need to seek entry and stay in a third country for at least 14 days,” the advisory stated.
These updated COVID-19 regulations which have been imposed by Canadian authorities have added hurdles to the pre-existing problems of Indian passengers looking to travel to the country for professional, educational, professional, or other reasons.
There are some countries that may put the passengers from India in quarantine for a minimum period of 14 days after arrival. This will lead to hampering their timeframe and will increase their expenses too.
Guidelines For Travelling To Canada
- Download ArriveCAN mobile app (available for iOS or Android) submit required information by signing on online before your boarding flight
- Use a non-medical mask or face covering
- Undergo a Health Check Questionnaire (false declaration could result in a fine of CAD5000)
- You must also have a quarantine plan that shows how you will quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This plan is mandatory. for more details click here
- You must book and pay for a 3-night hotel stopover before you arrive in Canada
- Self declaration form to be filled at Airport at Exit
- RT-PCR Test mandatory 72 hr. prior to departure with QR CODE