The Kingdom of Bahrain has updated its entry procedures for international travelers arriving into the country beginning Sunday 9 January 12:00 AM;
As per the new entry procedures, the following rules will apply to all passengers aged six years and above arriving in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Fully vaccinated passengers & passengers who have recently recovered from a COVID-19 infection must:
- Present, before boarding their flight to Bahrain, a certificate with a negative result for a PCR test administered within 72 hours of their departure. All results must be verifiable via a QR code on the certificate.
- Undergo a PCR test upon arrival in Bahrain.
Please Note: Passengers are considered fully vaccinated if they have completed 14 days after their second dose in a two-dose vaccination series or completed 14 days after administration of a single dose for single-dose vaccination series and present valid proof of vaccination.
The following vaccination certificates are accepted as valid proof of vaccination:
- Certificates issued by GCC countries
- Certificates issued by countries with which Bahrain has signed a mutual vaccination recognition agreement
- Certificates issued by countries whose citizens are eligible for a visa on arrival (passenger must be a national of the issuing country) (https://www.evisa.gov.bh/list-of-onarrival-visa-country.html)
- Certificates with a QR code issued by any country for vaccines approved for use by the World Health Organization (WHO) or the Kingdom of Bahrain (URL list of Vaccines).
Passengers are considered recovered if they have recovered from a COVID-19 infection within 8 months of their arrival in Bahrain and present documentary proof of recovery issued by a competent health authority.
Unvaccinated passengers must
- Present, before boarding their flight to Bahrain, a certificate with a negative result for a PCR test administered within 72 hours of their departure. All results must be verifiable via a QR code on the certificate
- Undergo a PCR test upon arrival in Bahrain
- Quarantine for a period of 10 days at their residence or hotel (passengers below the age of 12 are exempt from this requirement)
- The cost of testing is BHD 12 fee (approximately USD 32). Passengers are encouraged submit the payment before their arrival to Bahrain through the BeAware App or the Bahrain eGovernment Portal (bh.bh/covidpay).
- Passengers can also submit payment upon arrival at one of the designated payment kiosks in the airport terminal both card and cash payments are accepted at the kiosks.