The Indian High Commission in Warsaw, Poland, on Tuesday issued an urgent advisory to Indian nationals in Ukraine saying Indians in Lviv and Ternopil in the western side of the country may travel to the Budomierz border for quicker entry into Poland.
The Indian Embassy also advised Indians in Ukraine to travel south to transit via Hungary or Romania, the embassy added. The embassy stated that Indian citizens may avoid the Shehyni-Medyka border crossing which continues to be congested.
Urgent advisory to Indian Nationals in Ukrainev
- Indians presently in Lviv and Ternopil and other places in western Ukraine may travel at the earliest to Budomierz border check-point for a relatively quick entry into Poland. Alternatively, they are advised to travel south to transit via Hungary or Romania.
- They may avoid the Shehyni-Medyka border crossing which continues to be congested.
- The Embassy of India in Poland has officials deployed in Medyka and Budomierz border check-points who receive all evacuees and facilitate their travel to India.
- Those who enter Poland from any other border crossing where Indian officials are not deployed may kindly travel directly to Hotel Prezydencki, ul. Podwistocze 48 in Rzeszow where all arrangements have been made for their stay and from where Operation Ganga flights to India are being operated regularly.
- Transportation charges will be paid at the hotel by the Embassy, in case the Indian student does not have the funds for this.