Amadeus has launched a new online Bot, Travel-19, to address the most frequent COVID-19 related travel questions from travelers across the world.
- The online bot has been launched to help travellers find credible information easily in one place, and to provide timely updates from countries and their governments, so that travelers can safely plan future trips as flying resumes.
- The online bot could also alleviate the burden on travel providers and travel sellers who are still managing an unprecedented level of inquiries from passengers.
“Although travel restrictions are starting to ease, we are seeing big differences in rules and restrictions around the world, and the situation is changing all the time. We wanted to provide travelers with the most accurate information so that they can make informed decisions and make bookings with confidence as the aviation sector opens up again,” said Nicolas Martiquet, Head of Traveler & Customer Discovery, Research, Innovation & Ecosystems, Strategic Growth Businesses, Amadeus.
- The online bot provides a repository of information from various official sources and aggregates relevant links into one easy-to-use interface to help travellers plan and manage upcoming trips amid the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
- Answers to questions about trip cancellations
- Impacts on flights, and
- Latest travel restrictions and government advisories
The service is in relation to more than 350 airlines, including:
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Cebu Pacific Airlines
- Jetstar Asia
- Scoot Tigerair
and more than 60 countries including Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, and China.
““While we are all eager for travel to return to pre-pandemic levels, the reality is that recovery might be gradual, and a ‘next normal’ of various restrictions mandated by governments could be with us for a while,” said Nicolas Martiquet.
“Over the years, our traveller-centric technology has helped to deliver choice, autonomy, and support across all stages of the traveller journey. As a trusted partner for the global travel industry, we were keen to facilitate access to a reliable, one-stop site for information. With the help of almost 100 volunteers from across Amadeus, we were able to pull together this resource in a matter of weeks,” he further added.
The Travel-19 online bot is now live and available here.