Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday announced a complete Nationwide lockdown across the country for 21 days from Tuesday midnight.
आज रात 12 बजे से पूरे देश में, ध्यान से सुनिएगा,
पूरे देश में,
आज रात 12 बजे से पूरे देश में, संपूर्ण Lockdown होने जा रहा है: PM @narendramodi #IndiaFightsCorona— PMO India (@PMOIndia) March 24, 2020Advertisement
In his second address to the nation on the pandemic raging across much of the world.
- Modi said the decision will have an economic cost but saving people’s lives is of the paramount interest to his government.
- “If we don’t handle these 21 days well, then our country, your family will go backwards by 21 years,” he said.
- There will be complete bar on people from stepping outsides their homes, he said and even folded his hands to emphasise his request.
- Experts and the experience of countries fighting the deadly virus make it clear that the social distancing is the only way to combat the disease, he asserted.
- The central government has allocated Rs 15000 crore for health infrastructure like beds, ventilators, paramedical training etc
- Govt. are taking all steps to ensure continuous supply of essential commodities: PM Narendra Modi
- PM Modi: All essential services to continue and remain functional. List of essential services remains unchanged since the March 22nd ‘Janta Curfew’
- PM Modi: Our actions today will decide to what extent we can control the impact of this disaster
To get travel updates directly on your mobile, save and send a message at 9461777617 on Whatsapp to start.Advertisement
Also Read, Govt Suspends All Domestic Flights From Tomorrow Midnight