Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday announced a complete Nationwide lockdown across the country for 21 days from Tuesday midnight.
In his second address to the nation on the pandemic raging across much of the world.
- Modi said the decision will have an economic cost but saving people’s lives is of the paramount interest to his government.
- “If we don’t handle these 21 days well, then our country, your family will go backwards by 21 years,” he said.
- There will be complete bar on people from stepping outsides their homes, he said and even folded his hands to emphasise his request.
- Experts and the experience of countries fighting the deadly virus make it clear that the social distancing is the only way to combat the disease, he asserted.
- The central government has allocated Rs 15000 crore for health infrastructure like beds, ventilators, paramedical training etc
- Govt. are taking all steps to ensure continuous supply of essential commodities: PM Narendra Modi
- PM Modi: All essential services to continue and remain functional. List of essential services remains unchanged since the March 22nd ‘Janta Curfew’
- PM Modi: Our actions today will decide to what extent we can control the impact of this disaster
To get travel updates directly on your mobile, save and send a message at 9461777617 on Whatsapp to start.