AirAsia India to launch flight services to more cities FY21

Advertisement

LCC Airline AirAsia India will launch its flight services to more cities next fiscal as part of its ‘robust’ network expansion plans for 2020-21, a company official has said.

The Bengaluru-based airline carrier flies to Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata. At present, it flies to 21 destinations in India with a fleet of 27 A320 aircraft.

“We continue to strengthen our network across India. I am confident that, with the robust expansion plans we have chalked out for 2020-2021, we will be able to offer our services on many more new routes,” Ankur Garg, CCO,  said in a release, on Monday, which also announced the launching of flights to Kochi and Ahmedabad.

AirAsia India has commenced operations on new routes between New Delhi-Kochi and New Delhi-Ahmedabad from 20 December, the airline said in the release. It will operate a daily service to the two cities from the nation’s capital, as per the release. The airline also said it continues to deliver on its goal of providing non-stop connectivity between various cities in its domestic network.

Advertisement

The Tata Sons-AirAsia group joint venture airline currently flies only on domestic routes but awaiting a go-ahead from the government to fly internationally. Tata Sons owns 51 percent of the budget carrier, while Malaysian carrier AirAsia Berhad holds the rest 49 percent stake.

To get travel updates directly on your mobile, save and send a message at 9461777617 on Whatsapp to start. 

Also Read, Indian Tourists, to be Charged Extra Tax to Travel to Bhutan

Advertisement

Newsletter Updates

Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter

Leave a Reply