Indian national carrier Air India has resumed flight operations between Goa and London, United Kingdom under the air bubble arrangements from today (26th Aug 2021).
It is worth mentioning that back in October 2020 Air India has announced additional flights between India and UK which connects London, UK with Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Amritsar, Kolkata, Kochi & Goa.
However, the second wave of Coronavirus forced India to halt its flight services to the UK, and later, UK halted services to India given the rising COVID-19 cases in the country.
Now the United Kingdom has moved India from the country’s ‘Red’ to “Amber” list, which means Indians can now travel to the United Kingdom without mandatory 10-day hotel quarantine.
Recently, the aviation ministry has also increased the frequency for India-UK flights and allowed to operate as many as 30 frequencies, 60 flights between India and the UK till further orders or till the resumption of scheduled international commercial passenger services, whichever is earlier.
Air India Announced Additional Flights
- Non-stop flight between London and Kolkata on August 21 and 28, 2021. Flight on Kolkata-London route will be operational on August 22 and 29, 2021.
- Flights on London-Chennai sector will starts from August 26 and 31, 2021; and between Chennai and London on August 27 and September 1, 2021.
- Moreover, the airline will also operate flights on London – Goa- London sector on August 26 and 27, 2021.
Guidelines For Passengers Traveling To UK
- Passengers who are planning to travel must keep in mind the latest guidelines in the UK.
- As per the guidelines, entering the UK from places on the amber list requires three Covid-19 tests the first, at least three days prior to departure; the second, on the day of arrival or before Day 2; and the third, on or after Day 8.
- Home quarantine for 10 days is also mandatory for all.
- For UK nationals who are fully vaccinated, neither quarantine nor the eighth-day test is required.
- People who have been fully vaccinated in the United States and other European countries will not need to quarantine on arrival in England or take the eight-day test.