Indian national carrier, Air India is offering a discount of 50 percent on the base fare for all Senior Citizens traveling on Air India. The senior citizens discount is only applicable to domestic flights and only for the fliers above the age of 60 are eligible.
As per the official website of Air India, there are particular criteria for availing of the senior citizens discount;
- The tickets should be booked for “a Senior citizen of Indian Nationality, permanently residing in India and should have attained the age of 60 years on the date of commencement of journey”.
- The 50 percent senior citizens concession/discount is being given only on “select booking classes in the Economy cabin”.
- The discount is only applicable to the base fare; passengers have to pay the airline fuel charge, common user terminal fee, passenger service fees, airport and/ or user development fees taxes, and any other applicable convenience charges.|
- Passengers will have to produce a valid Photo ID with a date of birth written on it to get the discount. This could be the Passport, Driving License, Voter’s ID Card, or the Senior Citizens’ ID Card issued by Air India.
Air India Senior Citizen Discount
|Eligibility:||A Senior citizen of Indian Nationality, permanently residing in India and should have attained the age of 60 years on the date of commencement of journey.|
|Required Documents:||Any valid photo ID with date of birth e.g., Voter’s ID card, Passport, Driving license, senior citizens ID card issued by Air India, etc.|
|Discount:||50% of Basic fare on select booking classes in Economy cabin.|
|Travel:||Any sector within India.|
|Ticket Validity:||1 Year from date of issue|
|Advance Purchase:||Ticket to be purchased 3 days before departure.|
|Children:||No discount applies.|
|Infant:||(Under 2 years) 1st accompanying Infant – INR 1250 per coupon, Plus applicable taxes. 2nd and more Infants, no discount permissible.|
|Date/Flight change, Cancellation & Refund:||Permitted – Fee applies|
- In case the relevant ID proof/documents are not presented at the time of check-in or at the boarding gate, the basic fare will be forfeited and the tickets will become non-refundable (only taxes & levies will be refunded).
- Boarding will be denied if the identity proof is not provided at the time of check-in and at the boarding gate.
- These concessions are applicable on AIRINDIA operated flights and Alliance Air codeshare flights.
- These concessions are not applicable on Regional connectivity Alliance Air codeshare flights and Air India Express codeshare Domestic flights.