Air India on Saturday announced that it will operate additional flights between India and Canada starting from 25 October 2020 to 27 March 2021 under the air bubble agreement.
Air Bubble agreement is a bilateral air corridor being established between various countries to ease travel restrictions amidst travel ban imposed by various countries due to coronavirus.
India has created an air travel arrangement with Canada and as per the agreement Indian carriers and Air Canada are now permitted to operate services between India and Canada
As per a social media update posted by Air India, it will operate flights on Delhi-Toronto-Delhi and Delhi-Vancouver-Delhi route.
#FlyAI : Air India will operate additional flights between India & Canada from 25th October ’20 to 27th March ’21.— Air India (@airindiain) October 10, 2020
Bookings can be done through Air India Website, Booking Offices & Authorized Travel Agents. pic.twitter.com/jCasfp9kU4
Air India Flights From India to Canada
As per the bilateral air bubble agreement the following categories of persons on flights From India to Canada
- Stranded Canadian nationals/residents and foreigners with valid Canadian visa eligible to enter Canada;
- Indian nationals with valid visas eligible to enter Canada. It would be for the airlines concerned to ensure that there is no travel restriction for Indian nationals to enter Canada before the issue of ticket/ boarding pass to the Indian passenger; and
- Seamen of foreign nationalities; Seamen holding Indian passports would be allowed subject to clearance from the Ministry of Shipping
Air India Flights From Canada to India
The following categories of persons are allowed on such flights From Canada to India
- Stranded Indian nationals;
- All Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders holding Canadian passports; and
- Foreigners (including diplomats), who are eligible to enter India as per the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) guidelines dated 30.06.2020 as amended from time to time.
Bookings for the flights are now open and can be done on the airline’s official website, booking offices, call centers, or travel agents.