Air India Express on Tuesday issues an update for its passengers who are planning to travel to Bahrain and having both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine in GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries.
In the updates issued today Air India Express said that the National Health Task Force of Bahrain has announced many relaxations for such passengers.
Passengers Vaccinated IN GCC Countries
As per the National Health Task Force, Bahrain, fully vaccinated passengers refer to those who have completed 2 weeks (14days) since the last dose of the vaccine.
- Passengers fully-vaccinated in GCC countries are not required to carry a negative RT PCR test result pre-boarding and are not required to undergo the 10-days mandatory quarantine.
- Thus, proof of accommodation/residence is NOT required for such passengers. Such passengers, fully vaccinated in GCC countries, shall show evidence of vaccination through a certification or an official GCC mobile application.
- For passengers fully vaccinated in Bahrain, vaccination status has to be verified through the official mobile application viz. BeAware App.
- The negative RT PCR test result pre-boarding and proof of accommodation are NOT required ONLY if the BeAware App displays a ‘Green Shield’.
- If a YELLOW SHIELD is displayed, both a negative RT PCR pre-boarding and proof of accommodation are required.
Passengers Vaccinated In India
Air India Express has also issued an update for another category of passengers, which is passengers not vaccinated/vaccinated in India and traveling to Bahrain.
- Passengers not vaccinated or vaccinated in India need to carry a negative COVID 19 RT PCR test certificate with a QR code displayed on it (for a test taken no more than 72 hours before the departure).
- The online version of the report has to be the same PDF Report, that the passenger presents at the counter.
- Passengers fully vaccinated in India and holding a Residence Permit of Bahrain have an option to upload their Indian vaccination certificate on the BeAware App, and get the Certificate vetted by the Ministry of Health, Bahrain and thereby obtaining a ‘GREEN SHIELD’ on the BeAware App.
- For such passengers, who are fully vaccinated in India and are having a ‘GREEN SHIELD’ on the BeAware APP, a Negative RT PCR test report pre-boarding and proof of accommodation is NOT required.