In view of recent directives by Canadian authorities for mandatory quarantine at the port of entry in Canada effective 22 Feb 2021 and other measures for traveling further to interior points in Canada, Air India has announced the below waiver for facilitating passengers booked Air India’s flights ex-India to Canada for destinations beyond YVR/YYZ.
1. TICKET STOCK: This waiver is applicable for ticket issued on 098 Document.
2. TICKETS ISSUANCE DATE RANGE: Applicable for tickets issued till 20 February 2021.
3. TRAVEL DATES FOR WHICH WAIVER IS APPLICABLE: Applicable for travel dates between 22 February 2021 till 30 April 2021.
- Change Penalty Waiver: For Ticketed itinerary for travel between 22 February 2021 and 30 April 2021 only for the first instance, charges for Date, Flight, Routing, Sector and Booking Code will be waived only for international leg: DEL-YYZ/YVR OR YYZ/YVR- XXX (XXX refers to the final destination in Canada beyond YYZ/YVR). For any subsequent changes, original ticketing conditions w.r.t penalties i.e. Change, No show will apply.
- Cancellation fee waiver: NIL ( Cancellation fee as per fare rules)
5. REBOOKING WINDOW:
- Pre-departure: +3 days from the original domestic connection flight date
- At YYZ/YVR with Negative test result: up to 72 hours from the date of arrival in YYZ/YVR for a domestic connecting flight to Canadian points.
- At YYZ/YVR with Positive test result: Next available flight after completion of the quarantine period.
6. FARE DIFFERENCE: NIL fare difference will be applicable for First Instance only if the final destination remains unchanged & tickets are reissued within the rebooking window. For reissuance outside the rebooking window, only the change fee waived off but the difference of fare applicable. Down selling of RBD/FARE is not permitted.
(Source: Air India WAIVER NUMBER:07/INT/2021)