Indian flag-carrier Air India has announced a waiver for facilitating its passengers who booked Air India’s flights ex-India to Canada for destinations beyond Vancouver (YVR) and Toronto (YYZ), Canada.
This comes after the recent directives by Canadian authorities for mandatory quarantine at the port of entry in Canada effective 22 Feb 2021 and other measures for traveling further to interior points in Canada.
Air India in its Waiver Number: 06/INT/2021 announced the following benefits for its passengers to Canada:
- Ticket Stock: This waiver is applicable for tickets issued on 098 Document.
- Ticket Issuance Date Range: Applicable for tickets issued till 20 Feb. 2021.
- Travel Date For Which Waiver Is Applicable: Applicable for travel dates between 22 Feb 2021 till 31 Mar 2021.
- Change Penalty Waiver: For Ticketed itinerary, between 22 Feb 2021 and 31 Mar 21 only for the first instance, charges for Date, Flight, Routing, Sector and Booking Code will be waived only for international leg: DEL-YYZ/YVR OR YYZ/YVR- XXX( XXX refers to the final destination in Canada beyond YYZ/YVR). For any subsequent changes, original ticketing conditions w.r.t penalties i.e. Change, No-show will apply.
- Cancellation Fee Waiver: NIL (Cancellation fee as per fare rules)
- Rebooking window:
- Pre-departure: +3 days from original domestic connection flight date.
- At YYZ/YVR with Negative test result: up to 72 hours from the date of arrival in YYZ/YVR for
domestic connecting flight to Canadian points.
- At YYZ/YVR with Positive test result: Next available flight after completion of the quarantine period.
- Fare Difference: NIL fare difference will be applicable for First Instance only if the final destination remains unchanged & tickets are reissued within the rebooking window. For reissuance outside the rebooking window, only the change fee waived off but the difference of fare applicable. Down selling of RBD/FARE is not permitted.